It started with a crazy idea in 1998…
My name is Dr. Tony Rocklin and I am an orthopedic and sports physical therapist of 21 years. In 1998, I was treating an individual with hip osteoarthritis (OA). He was 52 years old, active and had two young kids. He could not believe that he was diagnosed with hip OA as he thought it was an “old person” problem. He was told he would need a hip replacement in 3-5 years. The surgeon instructed him to take pain medications, try to exercise and wait until it was bad enough for surgery. He was in the midst of his greatest professional earning years, trying to be an active father and still had personal athletic goals.
But, he was in pain and getting stiffer. He was very motivated to work hard, but the problem was, the more he tried to exercise, the more pain he had. He was tired of taking pain pills as he knew they were dangerous in the long term and made it difficult to function. Although there is no cure for hip OA, we discussed….. [read more]
Dr. Tony Rocklin is a licensed physical therapist with 21 years of clinical experience who specializes in orthopedic and sports medicine with a specific focus in the treatment of hip intra-articular pathologies. He is a former partner, and current clinician, with Therapeutic Associates (TAI), the largest physical therapist-owned rehabilitation company in the USA. Dr. Rocklin attended Oregon State University, where he was a member of the basketball team, graduating with a BS degree in Exercise and Sport Science in 1994. He earned his Physical Therapy degree with distinction from Pacific University in Forest Grove, Oregon, and completed his clinical doctorate in 2008. He continued his advanced education with the North American Institute of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy, achieving Level IV Certification in Manual and Manipulative Therapy. Tony’s specialty, and the focus of the last 15 years of his career, is hip intra-articular pathology, including osteoarthritis (OA), femoral acetabular impingement (FAI) and acetabular labral tears. He is an active advocate for improvements in the conservative management of these conditions prior to surgery.
Dr. Rocklin is a regular speaker on conservative treatment of hip pathologies. Clips from selected appearances and classes are listed below, along with upcoming engagements. He has authored a Modern Conservative Management White Paper V1.1 and is co-author of the study, “Manual Therapy, Therapeutic Exercise and HipTrac for Patients with Hip Osteoarthritis: A Case Series” published in the January 2017 issue of Orthopedic Physical Therapy Practice. Dr. Rocklin has been a member of the American Physical Therapy Association as well as the Oregon Physical Therapy Association since 1995. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 13-14, 2019: High Performance Recovery, Omni Athlete Performance Foundation Course with Antonio Robustelli and Nicky Kirk, St. Mary’s University, London, UK
- June 13-15, 2019: 13th Symposium on Joint Preserving and Minimally Invasive Surgery of the Hip. Hotel Chateau Laurier Quebec, Quebec City, Canada.
- February 6-8, 2019: Interventional Orthopedics Foundation Annual Conference in Broomfield, CO #IOF2019
- April 21, 2018 2018 Physical Therapy Sports Medicine Symposium “Physical Therapy Techniques for the Arthritic Athletic Hip”
- April 09, 2018 Tony Rocklin on Michael Skogg’s “You, Only Stronger” Voice of America radio show
- March 24, 2018 OZO 2018 US Air Force Advanced Training “Hip Pathology”
- June 12, 2016 – Radio Interview with Benoy Matthew – Function2Fitness, UK
- March 12, 2016 Excerpts of 2016 OPTA presentation
DR. TONY ROCKLIN PT, DPT, COMT
- Founded MedRock, Inc in 2009.
- Former partner and current clinician with Therapeutic Associates Physical Therapy with 88 offices in Oregon, Washington, California and Idaho.
- Physical Therapist of 21 years focusing on advanced manual therapy, therapeutic movement and education for the spine and extremities. Special focus on pre- and post-operative intra-articular hip pathology.
Join our quarterly newsletter to receive the latest and greatest in all things MedRock including new products, protocols, exercises and education!
Chief Science Officer
Director of Government and VA Sales
Chief Marketing Officer
Director of Customer Relations
What good is an idea if it remains an idea?
Try. Experiment. Iterate. Fail. Try again.
Change the world.